Submissions for the 2019 IBGAW are closed. This page serves as a reference to show the submission criteria of the 2019 IBGAW.
Dear publishers and game designers,
Thank you for your interest in the Indie Board Game Awards (further on IBGAW)! If you would like to enter your game to be considered for the award, please check the game’s eligibility criteria below. In addition, by submitting your game to the IBGAW you agree with data processing according to the “Datenschutzerklärung / Privacy” section. Furthermore you confirm that you are the copyright owner or have a license to submit the game to the IBGAW, as well as the right to share the cover art with the IBGAW. You confer a non-exclusive, perpetual license to the IBGAW to use the cover art, game name, and rule book for the purpose of the award and for use on the IBGAW.com website.
You also acknowledge that, if your game is selected to advance to stage 3 of the award, you are required to send two physical copies of your game to the organizer (Herbertz Entertainment UG (haftungsbeschränkt)) for reviewing purposes and for the award show.
The IBGAW is not subject to legal recourse.
During the inaugural IBGAW 2019, the categories are “best game,” “best rulebook,” and “best cover.”
The eligibility criteria for games are as follows:
- The game needs to have a Boardgamegeek (BGG) page
- The game needs to have a BGG “own” community stat equal to or less than 5k, since the goal is to highlight great, but not yet widely known games
- The game needs to be for sale (ideally in retail stores, but at conventions like Gencon, Origins, UKGE, or SPIEL would also be acceptable)
- The game needs to have a print run of at least 500 copies
- The game needs to either be in English or language independent
- The game needs to have an English PDF rulebook
- The game needs to have an age rating of at least 10+
- The game’s publication date must be from the year prior to the award show (e.g. games that were published in 2018 are eligible for the IBGAW 2019, which are going to be announced in October 2019)
Please submit your PDF rulebook and cover art image to firstname.lastname@example.org